Happy Thanksgiving from the Apopka Fire Department. Here are a few simple Thanksgiving safety tips, so you can enjoy time with your loved ones and keep yourself and your family safer from fire.
- Tip One: Stay nearby when simmering, baking, roasting, boiling or frying.
- Tip Two: Be sure to avoid long sleeves and loose clothing while cooking.
- Tip Three: Have a fire extinguisher readily available.
- Tip Four: Install fresh batteries in your smoke alarms.
- Tip Five: Keep your cooking area clear of flammables, such as paper products, food packaging, pot holders, etc.
- Tip Six: Clean cooking appliances and surfaces on a regular basis to prevent grease buildup.
- Tip Seven: Enforce a kid-free zone to avoid burn scares.
- Tip Eight: Turn the oven and stove OFF when finished
Be sure to follow the Apopka Fire Department Facebook and Instagram page for tips throughout the year.