The Apopka Youth Council (AYC) is now accepting online applications for the 2020-2021 school year. The application deadline is October 19, 2020. Resume and recommendation letter are required.
The Apopka Youth Council (AYC) is a City funded council composed of high school students.
Apopka Youth Council Members will:
- Learn about local government.
- Identify ways to improve Apopka for its youth.
- Recommend and/or create activities that will appeal to Apopka youth.
- Participate in community events.
Apopka Youth Council Criteria:
- Enrolled in 9th to 12th grade at an Apopka area high school or home school
- Must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Be civic-minded.
- Must commit to attending monthly Apopka Youth Council meetings and participate in community events.
- All applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, or disability.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Shakenya Harris-Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-703-1819.