Recreation Department updates as of June 5, 2020.
Little League at the Northwest Recreation Complex will resume practice on June 8, 2020 and games will begin on June 15, 2020.
Please visit the Little League website for their Coronavirus update and their Little League Best Practice Guide (PDF).
Splash Pad Reopening
Starting Tuesday, June 16, 2020 the Splash Pad at Kit Land Nelson Park will be reopening at 50% capacity.
The Splash Pad will be open Tuesday through Sundays (Closed on Monday) from 10 AM to 6 PM.
The cost is $2 per person to enter the wet area.
Summer Camp 2020
Apopka will be offering a modified small group summer camp at the Fran Carlton Center and Billie Dean Community Center at Alonzo Williams Park from June 15 to August 7, 2020 from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Space is limited.
For complete details, including how to register, visit the Apopka Summer Camp 2020 page.
The Apopka Farmers Market is held on Thursdays from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Kit Land Nelson Park. Please visit our Alert Center for updates and weather closure alerts.
Due to the Coronavirus, new shopping criteria has been established in order to keep citizens safe while shopping.
New Shopping Criteria
- Vendors will be placed 6 to 10 feet apart.
- All vendors are required to wear masks and gloves and have hand sanitizer with them at all times.
- Produce booth will be spread out to three times its space to help with the 6 feet distance.
- There will be 6 feet markers on the ground for all patrons to follow.
- We are requiring face masks for the patrons. (There will be a booth selling handmade masks.)
- There will be no entertainment at this event.
- All managers will wear a mask and remind patrons of the CDC 6 foot distance policy.
Interested in becoming a vendor? Visit www.apopkafarmersmarket.com for all the details.
Additional Recreation Updates
Please continue to visit our website. Be sure to sign up for Recreation News Flashes to receive emails and text updates.