For complete details about this program, please visit our official Apopka Gold Seal Program page.
To receive a “gold seal” designation, businesses must meet three criteria:
- Staff and customers must have their temperatures checked daily.
- All staff and customers must wear a mask.
- Businesses must have special arrangements for customers and employees who are at higher risk, such as the elderly or those with underlying medical conditions.
These criteria are in addition to state requirements for social distancing and sanitation standards.
Note: Businesses interested in purchasing a non-contact thermometer can contact the Apopka Area Chamber of Commerce at 407-886-1441. Businesses are also welcome to use their own thermometers.
- Businesses who get a “gold seal” designation will also be eligible to use the COVID SafePass app developed by Medek Health.
- Once the criteria for a “gold seal” designation have been met, businesses will receive a certificate with a gold seal from the City of Apopka. Businesses are encouraged to place the certificate on windows near entrances.
Businesses that are interested in receiving a “gold seal” designation may contact Nicole Kennedy at (407) 703-1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.