OverviewAny owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any required impact-resistant coverings, electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the Florida Building Codes, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit. These permits shall be calculated at $7.50 per $1,000 of actual contracted cost or construction cost/value, whichever is greater.
All permits for residential new construction of single family dwellings, duplexes or multi-family dwellings and commercial buildings (not including sub-permits) shall incur a non-refundable administrative processing fee of $50.
The minimum permit fee shall not be less than $50 unless noted in other sections of this code. Any conflict in permit costs/fees shall be resolved by the Building Official. The Building Official shall obtain a copy of the signed contract for the proposed work to establish the permit cost, or use the Building Valuation Data table, whichever is greater.
In determining the construction cost/value of any project the latest edition of the Building Valuation Data Table as referenced by the Building Safety Journal as published by the International Code Council shall be used. If this table ever becomes obsolete the Building Official shall use industry standards for determining square footage costs of construction.
Plan review fees for residential projects shall be one-half (½) of the building permit fee.
Plan review fees for commercial projects shall be three-quarters (3/4) of one percent of the contracted cost or construction cost/value, whichever is greater.
Unreferenced Permit Fees
Any permit fee not referenced herein shall be charged at three-fourths (3/4) of 1% of the contracted cost of the job or as determined by the Building Valuation Data Tables, whichever is greater.
(Ord. No. 2207, § I, January 5, 2011)
Rejection, Correction Notice, Stop Work Order, or Citation FeesFees established for rejections, correction notices, stop work orders, or citing code violations, whichever is applicable.
Beginning Work Without a Permit
- Beginning work without a permit shall be charged a fee of $100 or double the permit fee whichever is greater.
Citation fees, as per Article VI, Property Maintenance Code, Section 22-103.5 of the Apopka Code of Ordinances, are established as:
- Class I offense: $50
- Class II offense: $150
- Class III offense: $200
- Initial fee: $30
- If a rejection or correction notice has to be issued for the same violation on the same job or project a third time the fee shall be $120 as allowed by Florida Statute 550.80 (2)(c).
- Stop Work Order issuance fee: $250
- Construction trailer permit: $25
- Duplicate permit: $5
- House moving permit (flat fee): $100
- Mobile home tie-down: $50
- Pre-power Agreement: $25
- Re-stamp Construction Drawings
- Commercial (per page): $5
- Residential: $20
- Records retention management, per page: $2
Records retention management for all construction projects (flat rate): $40
- Site plan review (10,000 square feet or more): $50
- Temporary poles: $50
- Temporary Signs: $25
- Temporary Underground (TUG): $50
Circus, Carnival & Tents
- The fee for a circus shall be $100 per tented structure.
The fee for a carnival shall be:
- $100 for the first 10 rides/booths
- $150 for 11 to 20 rides/booths
- $250 for 21 or more rides/booths
- The fee for a revival type tent and commercial tents, other than for a circus, shall be $50.